HHGK

HHGK
"The world we live in is getting smaller and peoples actions have tremendous impact. In the era in wich we live people cannot get away with cllinging to their beliefs. I dont have any personal attachment or clinging to being a Buddhist. We need to step outside the boundaries of Buddhism and really go out and share the benefits of our Buddhist practise with the rest of the world. " / HHG Karmapa Ogyen Trinley Dorje

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Heartland of the Dakinis

Heartland of the Dakinis

Anapurna range. A completely different part of the Himalayas. Just to confuse you. ;-)

Early monsoon I made a pilgrimage in to the heartland of the Dakinis - Garsha Khandroling in Lahaul. Blessed with many holy places and incomparable shrines of worship I wandered from place to place. Basking in this wisdom I felt such grace, connecting with the core of these many thousand years old yogic pilgrim sites. Hidden in vast and hard to reach valleys in far away Himalayas.

Deep in to the mountains my heart was filled with an ocean of inspirational compassion, kneeling at the magical Avalokiteshvara/Shiva statue in Trilokinath, as well as marveling at the Dakinis footsteps in a potato field in Markula, a small town blessed with its many thousand years old holy temple dedicated to the Goddess Divine. I made it back just in time for the annual Lama dances in one of the many roof top monasteries of Keylong. Ema-ho!

I sat and sat some more at the holy mountain Drilbu Ri. Enjoying its splendor and magnificent views, pure water and core sacredness. With the chants, drums and trumpets resounding and echoing through out the valley my heart rejoiced a thousand times over all the wonders that has taken place, and that are still taking place at this, by seen and unseen forces, well protected area.

I thank the local Dakas and Dakinis for sharing theyre rich wealth and heritage with a simple wanderer from far away land like my self. Its humbeling to wake up and behold the majesty of the white dressed mountain tops at 4000 something meters and being able to breath and climb in her powerful presence.

I rejoice in the manifold flora and fauna so richly growing from seemingly no soil, and the water streams and falls providing each moment with a meditative roar and pour.

I thank the dragons for inviting and carrying for me on my journey. It was quite scary sometimes looking down at the 1000 meter shafts straight in to the bottom of the valley, while riding the vehicles to take me to and from, on the muddy mountain roads destined by landslides and potentially rolling stones at any moment.

I dont regret for a second going there, neither do I miss this holy Himalayan shrine. She lives in my heart now. For ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment